This is another recipe from my childhood. I remember watching my mom make this sauce so well that I can make it from memory without any references. This Spaghetti reminds me of home, and I love making it.
Mom’s Simple Spaghetti Sauce Step-by-Step
- Dice 1/2 sweet onion and 1/2 green bell pepper (I like smaller pieces, the finer the better)
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in a frying pan on medium heat
- Cook onions and bell pepper for approximately 10 minutes (stirring every few minutes to make sure onions and peppers cooke evenly)
- While onions and bell peppers are cooking mince two cloves of garlic (once again, the finer the better)
- When your onions and peppers are two minutes from being done, add the minced garlic to the pan (be precise with the two minutes of cooking with the garlic, if you burn garlic it has a very bad taste)
- Now, add 1 pound of ground beef (I have used everything from 80/20 to 93/7 so pick your favorite) to the onion, pepper, and garlic mixture
- Cook the ground beef until there is no pink coloring left
- Once the ground beef has no pink coloring, drain the excess fat from the pan
- Transfer the cooked ground beef to a sauce pan and add your favorite marinara sauce (I look for marinara that has familiar ingredients and low sugar content)
- At this point, I usually add in a tbsp. of salt, pepper, oregano, and basil
- Reduce the heat of the sauce to low and let simmer for 10 minutes (stir every few minutes)
Mom’s Simple Spaghetti Sauce is great over my How to Cook Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Please email me if you have any questions regarding this or any other recipe. If you have any ideas for recipes, please send them my way! I will try the recipe out and include a post with a picture! Feedback will help me bring more value to you! So please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com!